Good Morning! Well whether or not it is a good morning is totally up to you. Your morning is a key part of your day, it sets the tone for how productive you will be throughout the day. Unfortunately, many people tend to miss the opportunities that mornings bring. Instead of dreading the mornings, think of them as the grand entrance to your new day. Look forward to your mornings and fill them with routines that adequately prepare you for the day ahead. Create a list of things that you want to accomplish in your mornings that will get you mentally, physically and emotionally ready for your day. Here is a suggestion I call the “Starting Six” – your list may have more or less things on it based on your needs.
- Pause – Before your feet hit the ground – PAUSE! Take a moment to breathe, to be present in the moment, to allow your body to completely wake up and to center yourself. Be grateful for the new day and all of the opportunities that come with it.
- Mindset – Get yourself in a positive frame of mind. You can do this with music, meditation, affirmations, prayer, etc. You can not control the external situations you encounter throughout your day, so make sure you intentionally arm yourself with a positive attitude to deal with whatever your day brings.
- Plan – Using an app or pen and paper – plan out your day. The level of detail is up to you. Just be sure to list out important things that need to get done that day, items that need to be purchased, calls you need to make, etc.
- Prep – Based on what you need to accomplish get prepared. This could mean packing a gym bag, making lunch, laying out clothes for extra curricular activities, etc.
- Fuel – EAT something. Breakfast is a meal that is often skipped because there is not enough time. Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. Focus on foods that are well balanced – high protein, good fats, low sugar and nutrient dense. Some quick options are steel cut oatmeal; Egg and Veggie Frittatas; Sweet Potato Hash; Protein Shake; Green Smoothies, etc. While you are eating also be sure to hydrate!
- Get Aligned – Review your daily plan again, if there are people that you need to coordinate with contact them early to confirm their participation. This could include babysitters, lunch or dinner dates, transportation, or co-workers. This is a great way to be proactive in case you need to find an alternative person.
Then get up, get out and slay your day!
Remember, your list may be different and could vary from day-to-day. The important part is that you create a morning wellness routine so that you can guide your day versus being driven crazy by your day!
~ Live Well. Live Whole